Friday, January 12, 2007

Your Place

Today has been a difficult day in many ways and I'm late for my photo for the 11th but I'll try to post two for the 12th.

One thing I don't want my blog to become is a burden. Looking after two websites and helping out on others is almost like a full time job and I'd like my blog to be fun--fun for me and fun for those who check in from time to time.

I came across a little short poem today and having just had to pay a bill to get my roof replaced and getting a few regular bills in the mail, I began to wonder if I should even be living here. This little poem could be referring to your home, your job or whatever you wish it to mean. Enjoy!

YOUR PLACE

Is your place a small place?
Tend it with care!--
He set you there.

Is your place a large place?
Guard it with care!--
He set you there.

Whate'er your place, it is
Not yours alone, but His
Who set you there.
John Oxenham

I'll stay for awhile!

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

Pat, what a thought-provoking poem! I purchased this older house over 10 years ago and I am almost sorry that I did because it is in constant need of repair. So, I can certainly relate to this poem. (Your house looks lovely in the photo.)

Pat said...

Thanks kaycee!

It meant a lot to me too when I found it as I sat musing over the bills. :)