Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Remembering my Jack...

In Memory of a Wonderful Husband, Friend, Father and Grandfather

John Alexander Scott

April 14, 1935 to January 10, 2001

Time may hide the sadness Like a smile may hide the tears But love and memories hold you close Despite the passing years.

In tears we saw you sinking,
We watched you fade away,
You suffered so much in silence
You fought so hard to stay.

You faced your task with courage
Your spirit did not bend
But you still kept on fighting
Until the very end.

God saw you getting tired
When a cure was not to be
So He put His arms around you
And whispered "Come to me".
Author Unknown

After 40 wonderful years together, Jack was promoted to glory on January 10, 2001. "I will never forget you sweetheart."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A long and happy marriage is an inspiration to us all. I hope the happy memories you have comfort you today.

talj said...

Thinking of you today Pat and hoping that you are doing something special to remember Jack today. Love and prayers, Natalya x

Kaycee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaycee said...

Dear Pat,
I know that this day must be a difficult for you. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May the Lord and your cherished memories comfort you.

Pat said...

I want to thank you all for your comments today.

I appreciated them very much. Geordie and I went for a little walk through the cemetery. He loves it up there as there are many squirrels, moles, mice and other things to chase. But he always has his little bit of quiet time first lying like he was in the picture today.

Thanks again.

Anna Ridley said...

May you find comfort and peace in your wonderful memories of Jack. Thinking of you, as ever, with love.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

What a wonderful tribute to Jack. Long happy marriages are so few in these times so that is such a great tribute to you both. He is always with you just remember that.

Nita said...

Pat, this is such a tender and loving tribute to Jack's memory. The picture of Geordie almost made me cry. You had something so very special. Those memories are yours forever, tucked inside your heart until you see Jack again. love, nita

Pat said...

Thank you again for your lovely comments. Yes, Jack and I were joined at the hip so to speak and I certainly feel as if I've had an amputation.

I appreciate your comments.