Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Photographing the World Around You

Recently I've been reading a great book by Freeman Patterson entitled, Photographing the World Around You. What a wonderful insite into learning to see things in your own area that might make good photographs!

I've been enjoying it so much and so I tried one photo so far using his principles and to do it, I washed and shined my crystal cream pitcher and made a photo of it letting the light shine through it from the patio door.

The above image is the result of my hour long "playing" and I'm looking forward to more of this in the coming days. I was amazed at all the lights that were present in the image I made!

9 comments:

talj said...

Interesting colours you have produced here! :o) Nice composition and great to see you are settling in to you PAD so well Pat :o)

Unknown said...

Hi Pat, thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Its great to see how the light brings out the colors here. Is it made out of metal?

Will look forward to seeing how your PAD developes.

Pat said...

Hey Faye!

Thanks for visiting!

No, that was a lead crystal little "Cross and Olive" creamer. It actually looks as if there's gasoline on it!

Different. But I'm so enjoying Freeman Patterson's book.

Hope I continue this PAD like you managed last year!

Pat

Nita said...

Pat, this is really neat.

Photographing The World Around You...hmmm, I wonder if that means I can take photos of my stuff. lol
Nita

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

This reminds me of a method I did years ago with a crystal cut glass on a piece of black velvet and a projector using various color gels stuck together to make these color reflections. I dont have a slide projector anymore, maybe I need to try something again. Great shot, keep em coming!

Kaycee said...

Pat, I enjoy reading Freeman Patterson's books, too. It looks like you had a great time "playing" with light! I am looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

Karma Shuford said...

Pat, thanks for "inviting" me over! I enjoyed reading the past few days and looking at your pictures.

When I get around to finally linking to other PaDs, remind me if I don't link to yours. :)

Nice shots. Keep clicking!!!

CG said...

Very effective.

Anna Ridley said...

This looks great, Pat! I've missed checking out your PAD blog while I've been away - it's great to be home!

Love the creativity in this!