Saturday, January 13, 2007

Enamel Rose

I was running out of ideas for my PAD photo today and everything I tried just didn't "work" for me.

So, I made this photo of a rose I had given to me from my aunt's memorial service and then applied some Paint Shop Pro effects to it ending up with "enamel".

I love roses. I expect that everyone does but they are one of my favourite flowers.

Listen to: The Rose

The Rose

(sung by Bette Midler)


Some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.

Some say love, it is a hunger,
an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
and you its only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance.

It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been to long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong,

just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose.

8 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Wow I like that effect, I must remember that one, It looks GREAT on the large view when you click on the small picture. I love these shades of pink/purple etc.

You should print this one, matte it in black and frame it.

Pat said...

I may try that Lori.

Thanks!

Kaycee said...

Pat, I really like the vibrant effect that you achieved with PSP!

The song "The Rose" has special meaning for me. My sweetheart and I consider it to be one of "our" songs. My sister and brother-in-law had it played at their wedding. Thanks for including this special song in your blog today!

Pat said...

Hey Kathy!

I'm so glad that the song has special meaning for you. That pleases me an awful lot.

Yes, that's an easy effect to use in PSP. I thought I'd try it and it worked and so I went for it!

Now...what will I do for tomorrow?

Anna Ridley said...

Pat, that looks fantastic! Terrific effect, and one I will definitely have to remember. Really creative.

"The Rose" has really special meaning for me, too. It's a song my mom loves, and when I was a lot younger, I taught myself to play it on the piano as a gift for her. :)

talj said...

Really beautiful effect Pat, I love roses too,there is so much you can do with them not forgetting they look and smell wonderful! :o)

talj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

that song was pretty my aunt that passed away year ago always ssong to me that song means the world to me