Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sign that spring is coming...

PEEKING OUT AT YOU!

Oh, don't you just love the time of year when it's evident that spring or summer is coming if it's been a long winter? I sure do. We've had some pretty terrible storms the last few weeks with lots and lots of snow and today for the first time, we had a bit of a thaw and there under the huge depth of snow on my round glass patio table appeared a wooden watering can that I use for growing my thyme in.

I forgot to put it away for the winter but there it stands "peeking out" through the melting snow as if it say, "Pat, I'm here! It won't be long till you start to enjoy the thyme within me!"

I long for May 24th weekend to arrive so that I can start to plant once again in my garden. We daren't put any tender plants into the ground until then due to our harsh winter weather and the danger of frost still lingers.

6 comments:

Ash said...

Excellent image...i love it!

RUTH said...

I bet that looks lovely with the thyme in. Can't wait for the risk of frosts to pass either!

talj said...

Lovely image Pat! I hope that May arrives quickly for you! :o)

CG said...

That looks nice; just emerging from the snow. I'm looking forward to planting in my garden again too although I think my thyme has survived our mild winter. Hope you're feeling better, Pat.

Kaycee said...

Well spotted, Pat! I hope that spring is just around the corner! The winter weather here during the last few weeks has been horrible, too! And it is snowing again today!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Yep it has been a bad winter, although the cold temps have been shortlived, it sure made up for the fact that it stayed warm long after it should have been cold here. I think everyone is feeling the winter blues too.

I love this picture, it is the sort of thing that perks you up because they bring to mind thoughts of better things to come.

My first sign of spring coming is when my white horses start to shead their winter coats, just the white hair which always grows longer than the colored hair. Isn't that strange? Anyway my white stud started losing his hair in chunks a few weeks ago so I thought that the cold wouldnt last long and I was right. Might still get the odd cold snap or two and maybe a bit of snow before April is over but I can live with that.

Keep smiling.

Lori