Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Old Barn

If these walls could talk!

I so love and appreciate old barns and old ancient buildings. Our country of Canada is so young compared to the age of the UK and other parts of this huge globe that we find it difficult to find really old buildings.

But old barns really speak to me.

This old barn I watch fall slowly apart over the years and finally took this winter photo of it. How very saddened I was to go back and take a spring photo and I found that it had been completely torn down and the ground on which it stood all levelled.

How I'd love to know a bit of the history of this barn.

6 comments:

talj said...

Oh thats terrible :o( Such a shame they tore it down! This is a lovely picture and I think you are right, old barns can just be fascniating!

Anna Ridley said...

I so love this photograph. When I was in Toronto with Chris over the holidays, my dad and I would "barn-spot" on our drives to and from Montreal :)

Annie said...

When our landmarks disappear we feel lost, don't we.

Unknown said...

Looks like we both do have a love of old barns. This one is beautiful even in its state of disrepair.

Kaycee said...

Old barns really have so much character. I am glad that you were able to take this winter photo.

photowannabe said...

I'm glad you were able to get this fabulous shot before it was torn down. The barn has so much character though its carried air conditioning to the extreme.
Thanks for your kind remarks on my blog.