Saturday, February 03, 2007

"I'm sure she said we were going in the car..."

I had told Geordie that we were going in the car to the store and this is how he stayed at the door just waiting for me to keep my word.

And in between times, he was busy chasing the black squirrels out of the back yard!

He just loves to be out there in the snow and the more blustery it is the better he loves it.


LOVING EYE

I was just looking at my buddy's eyes and he speaks so much with his eyes.

I know I haven't captured what I really wanted to but he has a way of showing such love and concern with those eyes of his.

Border Collies are special--as far as I'm concerned and I'm wondering now if I should have a young one that Geordie can help train now that he's going to be 12 years old in June. Not sure if I really want that burden of training another. I don't think that there could be another like Geordie.

13 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

I absolutely love that photo of Geordie! He is so beautiful and so very intelligent. He speaks volumes with a look - and this one is priceless! :D

I understand your mixed feelings about a new dog - it's a tough decision to make.

x

talj said...

Lovely shots Pat!! They really made me chuckle! Geordie is such a loyal companion! :o)

Kaycee said...

Georgie is such a loving and faithful companion. I love the way you have captured him with your camera!

CG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CG said...

These photos really brought tears to my eyes as they reminded me of Charlie - he was part border collie, part springer spaniel.

I love both; the eye detail one is very effective.

I hope one day to get another dog - but I worry I'll never be able to love another the way i loved Charlie!

Pat said...

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I remember seeing photos of Charlie. How old was he?

Geordie will be 12 in June and it seems like no time since he was a pup of 7 weeks old!

CG said...

charlie was nearly 18 - a great age

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Very nice pics of Geordie, I like the close up a lot.

You can see the sense of expectation on his face in the first shot LOL

Just Me said...

hahahah! My Daisy gets the very same look when we say the magic work... R-I-D-E. I have to spell it out because if I even think it she wakes up out of a dead sleep and bolts for the door. Funny, when I tell her to move she doesn't hear a word. *sigh* Dogs, like children and husbands, have selective hearing. :)

Ming the Merciless said...

What a beautiful dog!! You are so lucky and I bet he is too.

Mandi said...

He's lovely and looks like a puppy! I was shocked when you revealed his age. I love his eyelashes with snow flakes on them.

isa said...

He looks so handsome and wise, Pat!
Have you seen my post about my golden?
http://naplesdailyphoto-prettyizzy.blogspot.com/2007/01/going-to-dogs.html)
I have the same concerns as you about getting another dog...Plus we travel a lot...And even though I spend some time working with dogs, I do miss a furry companion at home...

Oya said...

Oh, what a sweatheart:) You know, they are the most clever dogs...